We Are Dublin Town
Upcoming Luas Cross City Works At North & South Quays At O’Connell Bridge – Tuesday, 1 August To Saturday, 12 August
- Tue 25 July, 2017
The Luas Cross City project will launch passenger services in December – just over 20 weeks away. Tram testing is continuing during the Summer and driver training is due to commence in September. In advance of the completion of the project there is a final significant piece of road construction work to be completed. This work will result in the following traffic restrictions:
- There will be significant traffic disruption on the North and South quays on the approach to O’Connell Bridge beginning Tuesday, 1 August.
- There will be full closure of the South Quays ONLY at O’Connell Bridge from 8pm on Friday, 4th August until 6am on Saturday, 12 August. (At Aston Quay and Burgh Quay, full depth road reconstruction will be done to create new resurfaced carriageways. This is to replace the temporary road surfaces which have been in place during the construction stages of the project. In addition, there will be smaller works taking place on Bachelor’s Walk.)
- O’Connell Bridge will remain open to Northbound and Southbound traffic.
- If you are travelling through the city, traffic diversions will apply, delays are expected so please use alternative routes.
- If you are travelling to the city, access to car parks will be maintained.
Please review the traffic diversion maps and local access routes available here to help plan your journeys. Maps include local access, inner orbital route option, car park access maps, Aviva stadium access and Croke Park. There will be some changes to Dublin Bus operations for the duration of these works. More detail can be found here.