We Are Dublin Town
Update on the Government’s budget day measures
- Tue 27 September, 2022
As you will be aware, DublinTown made a detailed pre-budget submission based on member feedback ahead of this year’s budget announcement.
Of key interest to members will likely be those measure that directly impact business in the city, such as:
- A new “Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme” to assist businesses with energy costs.
- The retention of the 9% VAT rate for hospitality businesses until March 1st 2023.
- A reduction of Special Exemption Order for hospitality businesses from €110 to €55.
- Significant investment in infrastructure including the BusConnects, Metrolink and DART+ projects.
- Budget for 1,000 additional Gardaí and an additional 420 civilian staff as well as increases in overtime budgets.
- Retaining the reduced fees on public transport for all of 2023.
DublinTown will continue to lobby and advocate on your behalf.